About the DxHub
The goal of the DxHub is to:
- Provide students with real-world learning experiences
- Apply proven innovation methodologies to challeging problems
- Utilize the deep subject matter expertise of the public sector
- Leverage the technology expertise of AWS and other partners
- Solve challenging problems in ways not contemplated before
The DxHub applies Amazon’s human-centered, ‘Working Backwards’ innovation methodology to tackle challenges facing government, education, and non-profit organizations.The DxHub team leads public sector organizations through innovation and solution workshops structured to generate big ideas and impactful solutions. Through product development sprints and customer validation testing, the team creates a ‘lean prototype’ that brings the solution to life. Students assist the team throughout the innovation process.
While providing students with real-world learning experiences, the Cal Poly Digital Transformation Hub (DxHub) applies proven innovation methodologies in combination with the deep subject matter expertise of the public sector, the technology expertise of Amazon Web Services (AWS), and other partners to solve challenging problems in ways not contemplated before.